Saturday, April 17, 2010

I am still alive :)

Here are a few pictures of life in the last 6 months :)


Me and my new UT license plate!! Hook em!


Chris and I on Christmas Eve


At our friend's wedding over Thanksgiving weekend


hanging out with friends :)


Wow! I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted a blog. I pulled up my blog page and noticed that the last time I posted was in November. Life has definitely been busy lately! I should probably change the name of my blog, since my ramblings have been all but endless lately :)
Most of you have already heard- but the last month and a half has been very busy for me. Chris' sister, Sherry, recently became VERY sick and was hospitalized for over three weeks. She 'caught' sepsis and was put in the ICU where she also developed pneumonia and went into kidney failure. We spent all of spring break at the ICU with her (and the rest of the family), and then have been back and forth to Temple pretty much every weekend since then (except for Easter, which we spent with my fam in Galveston :) ) This period of time has definitely been a roller coaster ride of emotions, to put it mildly. God really performed a miracle in Sherry's life by restoring her to complete function! The whole ordeal could not be explained, unless through God. Sherry was so very sick, that the doctor's even told us that she was the sickest patient in the ICU and that we shouldn't get our hopes up with any small improvement that she made. Then- after 11 days of being in a medicinal coma- Sherry began breathing on her own and was removed from the ventilator. She was moved to a less intensive hospital room where she remained for another two weeks. While in the hospital, she underwent dialysis treatements daily for her failing kidneys. The doctors were worried about her kidneys because they both failed while she was in the hospital. Then, when we were in Galveston over Easter weekend Chris got a phone call from his parents saying that Sherry was being discharged from the hospital on Easter Monday. We were in complete shock! Her kidneys kicked back in almost overnight! Sherry was discharged from the hospital on Monday April 5th and has been staying at her parents (my in-laws) ever since. Once Sherry left the hospital she was able to walk on her own and didn't even require the need for outpatient occupational, physical, or speech therapy!!! Sherry returned to work this past Monday (April 12th). She worked three half days and then took Thursday and Friday off because she was so tired. As I am typing this, I am still in complete awe of the work that God did in Sherry's life. The amount of trauma that Sherry underwent is usually indicitive of months of in and outpatient rehabilitation. Sherry's life is now a true testament of God's mighty hand and the power of prayer.
In other news- Chris' bank (Guaranty) was bought out by BBVA Compass in August. The transition over to Compass actually took place in February. He has not been enjoying work as of late due to the changes made in the company, and his branch was severely understaffed. He was thinking of leaving the bank, and we had been searching for new job opportunities for him. Then- this week Chris was asked to meet with his regional manager. During this meeting, he was offered the branch manager position at a much bigger branch!! Chris' current branch has 4 employees, and his new branch will have approximately 10 employees. This means that he won't have to pull open to close shifts (7-6:30) shifts anymore because he will have the adequate number of staff members to run the branch efficiently! He starts work at his new branch on Monday, and we are both praying that this change will help him become more happy in his career!!
I also had an interview of sorts this week. I am looking for a PRN (work as needed) Speech pathology position to fill some time over the summer. I found a home health agency in Austin called River Kids. Come to find out, the company is very small (only operates in Houston and Austin) and is founded on Christian principals. The companys follows Dave Ramsey's philosophies and is debt free (no loans from the bank to operate)- and all of the owners are Christian. I met with the manager of the Austin branch and his wife (who is a physical therapist with the company) on Thursday. They are awesome people. We met for dinner- and it was so surreal to be at an interview and then hold hands with the people and join in prayer before dinner. They want me to work for them, and I am just taking some time to pray about it and make my decision. I am able to work as much or as little as I want- so I am thinking about starting by just taking on one or two patients who live in my area.
In other news- my sister, Jen, is getting married in May. We are excited to be there with her in May and have just been getting ready for her big day. I can't wait to see all of our family again- I haven't seen many people since I got married almost three years ago! Chris and I are also planning on taking a vacation this summer to somewhere tropical. I am about to book our trip online, and I think we are going to the Riviera Maya. I am getting so excited just by looking at all of the pictures online! When will June get here???
whew! that was a marathon post!! I hope everyone is doing well and I love you all!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I was so excited to see that you had posted something. I am so glad that Sherry has been completely healed. God is so good! :)

Sabrina said...

So happy that Sherry is doing well. I have to say that I am very disappointed that you and Chris didn't choose the lovely tropical paradise known as Nebraska for your vacay. Personally my home is full of pink flamingoes;it is very tropically here, just sayin.

About Me

My photo
Well, I am currently in my third year of my first real job. I am a Speech Pathologist for a local school district. I really enjoy my job!! I also got married two years ago to my best friend, Chris. We got married in July 2007 and currently live in Austin. I love to read endlessly and spend time with those that I love.