Monday, July 27, 2009

Promised pictures


The friendly Vermont bears


Boston Harbor

me at the statue of Liberty (way in the background)


We got to sit in the 2nd Row :)


Times Square


The family in Vermont


Jen's graduation


All of the graduates


Ok....I finally loaded all of my pictures onto a shutterfly page. To view all of the pictures go to: http://www.lesandchrisphotos.shutterfly.com/

I also posted some selected pics on facebook :)

I am still sick with whatever I picked up in New York, but am at least feeling well enough to post something.
Our trip was wonderful. We started out in Boston, Mass. While in Boston we visited the Boston Harbor, Fenway Park, Quincy Marker, Faneuil Hall, Cheers, and took a two hour walking tour of the Freedom Trail. The freedom trail led us through such sights as: Boston Commons, the Boston Tea Party, where the Boston Massacre began, where the Declaration of Independence was read to the people, and through a very old cemetary where the following people are buried: John Hancock, Paul Revere, and Samuel Adams (there are pics of all of these hot spots on shutterfly). Chris' favorite part of the trip was definitely our visit to Fenway Park. The Red Sox were out of town, but we were able to take a guided tour of the park.
Our next stop was Montpelier Vermont. The first night we stayed in mom and dad's hotel. the second night we stayed in a Bed and Breakfast. This was my first experience at a bed and breakfast. The house had a cat named Boots who had to have weighed thirty plus pounds. She was my favorite part :) We awoke at 5:30 in the morning to the rattling of our bedroom door by boots. While in Montpelier we got to experience such things as Jen's graduation (yay for Jen!), going to the VonTrapp family lodge, and stopping at crosswalks so that pedestrians could cross. What a strange phenomenon!

Next stop was New York City. Our hotel was on Manhattan, about one block from Times Square. We really wore ourselves out in New York. We visited the following sites: Times Square, Rockefeller Center, the Today Show lot, 5th avenue shops (Saks, Tiffany's, Trump Tower), Central Park, Radio City Music Hall, the Late Show with David Letterman (we sat in the second row!!!!), Grand Central Station,Wall Street Financial District, Ground Zero, the statue of Liberty, riding the subway, and various other things that seemed to have slipped my mind. My feet are currently covered with blisters!!! Our hotel room was the smallest thing I have ever stayed in! It consisted of a double bed that took up the majority of the room. There was approximately two feet of space on one side, and five on the other. (literally!!) The bathroom even had a 'dwarfed' bathtub! But, I cannot complain because of the great location and cheap price!!

I enjoyed everything about our trip! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to the east coast ;) oh, and I forgot to mention another highlight...I got to ride on a plane for the second time in my life !!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Well, I am currently in my third year of my first real job. I am a Speech Pathologist for a local school district. I really enjoy my job!! I also got married two years ago to my best friend, Chris. We got married in July 2007 and currently live in Austin. I love to read endlessly and spend time with those that I love.