Friday, September 12, 2008

Smurfs and Refugees

The weekend is here, and so are the refugees. The family showed up late wednesday night (early thursday morning) to avoid the traffic from the impending hurricane. Hurricane Ike is starting to hit galveston as I am typing. We are all watching the news reports of the water crashing over the seawall. We are constantly praying that everyone will be safe and houses will still be intact come Sunday morning. I have posted some pictures of the aftermath at my house as well as a long awaited picture of my mom with her blue 'smurf' casts. I failed to mention in my blog that my mom fell in the kitchen several weeks ago and broke both of her arms....she has been in double casts ever since. My wonderful aunt sam has been begging me to post a picture of her pretty arms...so without further ado...
























3 comments:

Katie said...

I have been waiting to see the smurf arms also & I don't think the casts look bad at all. I am just so sorry that your mom hurt herself so badly. I cringe just thinking about it.

We are praying for you and everyone who is being affected by Ike.

laura said...

I've been thinking about your family. Glad they made it out safely. And take care of your mom.

Sabrina said...

Thanks Leslie! This is awesome!!

I'm still sending love and prayers to Texas.

About Me

My photo
Well, I am currently in my third year of my first real job. I am a Speech Pathologist for a local school district. I really enjoy my job!! I also got married two years ago to my best friend, Chris. We got married in July 2007 and currently live in Austin. I love to read endlessly and spend time with those that I love.