Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Rest of the Story....

I love having misleading blog titles. Not that I am going to lie in this blog, but I like to have titles that sound captivating, when in fact the story is rather bland. My best friend from grad school came to Austin this weekend and stayed with me on Sunday night (we didn't have work on Monday because of Martin Luther King Jr Day...wohoo! I love three day weekends!!) We went to go see 27 Dresses with two of my other good friends. It was a good movie, pretty predictable, but heartwarming. (side note- while I am thinking of movies that I have seen recently-Natalie, if you read this...I LOVED Juno too!) Overall, I had a pretty good weekend. I was very glad to be able to see so much of my friends!
As I went to bed last night, and then when I woke up this morning I came to the realization that I HATE getting up in the morning. I am such a worrier that I make up a million and a half things to worry about during my morning routine. I thought I might share some of my thoughts with you: What if I sleep through my alarm? What if I am late to work today? What if my lesson plans don't work out as well as they sound in my head? Why am I so tired? What if one of my kids throws up today (if you know me, you know that this is one of my worst fears in life....what is wrong with me?) What if the kid who throws up in my room gets me sick and then I throw up? (translation in leslie's mind: the world is OVER) Why does school start so early in the morning?Why does my hair look good when I leave the house, but then as soon as I walk outside it turns into a frizzed -out blob? Why is it so cold outside? (for you mid-westerners, 32 degrees is outrageously cold in Texas still) What if the traffic is really bad today? Why do I have to sit through so many stoplights just to travel 6 miles to work?...enough of this! Then once I get to work and start seeing my wonderful kids, many of these questions drift far from my mind. So, what I would love for someone to invent one day is a way for me to get from my bed to work without thinking a single thought...except for maybe a prayer of thanksgiving for being able to wake up and live another day!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

That made me dizzy!! You have the right idea in the last line of your blog. When you get up in the morning say to yourself "This is the day Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!!" Psalm 118:24

Sabrina said...

Hey Leslie, I really enjoy your updates. It makes me feel like I am part of your life. I love that feeling. I hope you are having a good week!
Love, Sam

Little Miss Sunshine said...

ahhhhh I LOVED JUNO!!!! It's basically my favorite movie now, along with sweeny todd, across the universe, ps i love you, and august rush. I don't know why, but it's all of a sudden like the year of amazing movies. There's also a movie about bob dylan coming out that i want to see. :)

About Me

My photo
Well, I am currently in my third year of my first real job. I am a Speech Pathologist for a local school district. I really enjoy my job!! I also got married two years ago to my best friend, Chris. We got married in July 2007 and currently live in Austin. I love to read endlessly and spend time with those that I love.