Saturday, January 12, 2008

Update of all Updates





I hope the title of this blog isn't misleading. I don't have any big news to share with anyone who reads this...I just feel like I should start by updating on what has happened over the past 6 months or so.


So, I got married to my best friend on July 7 of this past year. It has been a great 6 months! I enjoy being with the person that I love the most everyday. It is actually fun to cook dinner, something I thought I would never be capable of doing myself. I used to be grossed out by raw meat, And while I don't get excited about it now, I find it doesn't bother me anymore.


I also started my first 'real' job in August. I am a speech-language pathologist for a local school district. I absolutely love working with all of my students, each one of them has some characteristic that is able to make my day worth while. It has been hard getting used to being responsible for so many things though. Needless to say, I have been very stressed over the past couple of months with getting used to a new job and trying to prove myself as a responsible adult amongst teachers who have been teaching longer than I have been alive. I think I have been able to make my mark though, so for now I am satisfied.


I love being back in Austin, but I miss my family a lot. I secretly pray everyday for them to be able to move closer to me!!.


I decided to post a few recent pics...some of them are from Christmas. I was so glad that we were able to visit my family (parents and grandparents) as well as Chris' family. I had a really hard time being away from my family on Christmas day, but I was glad that I got to see them for so long...


So, after reading over this blog I realized that it will probably put whoever reads it into an endless slumber...it is totally void of my normally witty humor. Hopefully future posts will contain more leslie-isms.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I can hardly wait to read your normally witty humor ! :0) I am so excited you have a blog. I love the pics. You can't be worse than Grace is about updating. Hey, did you and Chris hear that we have a new coach? Maybe next year it will be a REAL game. Love you, Sam

PS Roxi is a cutey. She reminds me of a kitty Mark and I had before Katie was born. She was named Flopsy. Her brother was Mopsy, you may remember him - the old Siamese out at Grandpa Herb's place.

Katie said...

I am very excited that you have a blog; it makes me feel closer to you. Seeing the picture of Grandpa Bill brought tears to my eyes. I am looking forward to more "endless ramblings". :)

Love,
Katie :)

Grace said...

Hey Leslie!!! Bring on the wit...
Can't wait to hear more. Maybe if you keep your blog up to date, my mom will stay off my back about mine :)

Love you!
Grace

Little Miss Sunshine said...

I love that picture of Roxy! She's so cute. I've tried to talk my parents into letting me get a cat for years now, but they still won't let me. I'll just have to get one after i graduate and move out next year!
So, how's life in Austin. I may be coming to visit soon so i can check out the school. :)

About Me

My photo
Well, I am currently in my third year of my first real job. I am a Speech Pathologist for a local school district. I really enjoy my job!! I also got married two years ago to my best friend, Chris. We got married in July 2007 and currently live in Austin. I love to read endlessly and spend time with those that I love.